Team Leader – UK Operation
- Location: Ghaziabad
- Type of Contract: Full Time
- Service line: Accounts and Tax
Are you an experienced leader with a background in finance and accounting?
Aone Outsourcing Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and suitably qualified individual to join as the Team Leader Accountants.
As the Team Leader Accountants you will motivate and lead a team of professionals to deliver exceptional customer service throughout the organization in all facets of accounting and finance. You will be responsible for maintaining books of account, compliance, leading team and reporting to ensure the work is going as per the expectation of the customers.
As our ideal candidate, you will have exceptional judgement and decision-making skills, with particular emphasis in the areas of accounting and finance solving and client service. You will be someone who can think strategically on your feet, be flexible in your approach to prioritizing workloads with the ability to lead, motivate and supervise team members.
To be considered for this role, you will be someone with strong leadership skills who can lead a team and demonstrate knowledge and experience in finance and accounting.
- To ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job, and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager/partner and client
- To take the hands-on supervisory role on assignments as and when required
- To brief junior members on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job training and provide feedback where necessary
- To implement the firm's review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client, and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts, management letter, and adjustment to opening balances on a timely basis
- To support the training and development of the staff within the department
- Be able to take ownership of an assignment and see it through to completion with the willingness to solve issues as and when they arise
- Keep Managers and HOD (where necessary) informed of the progress on the team’s jobs
- Recommend improvements to clients’ accounting systems and controls and assist clients whenever needed
- Providing general accounting services and assistance to clients in the preparation of accounts and VAT returns, for example preparing working papers for management or statutory accounts
- Delegating, supervising, and reviewing the work of junior members of the team, providing constructive feedback and support as necessary, including being involved in the development of junior members
- Assist with the client onboarding process and handover to Service Team
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfill any development or training requirements
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services, actively look for opportunities to cross-sell, and undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate
Qualifications, knowledge & experience:
- Postgraduate (MBA/M.COM/CWA) in Commerce (Accounting) & Finance
- 7-10 years of accounting experience in public practice with a solid compliance background and have experience with Individuals, companies, and trust returns
- Excellent communication
- Personable and able to develop strong relationships with clients and team members
- Problem solving skills and applying technical knowledge to varying client situations
- Sounds technical knowledge of relevant and developing tax law
- Reviewing compliance assignments of team member’s staff
- Working closely with the Project controller and next to Manager to provide exceptional client service
- Competent/sound working knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel
- Able to show ownership of your workflow
- An attention-to-detail achiever